Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Yard bird time

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Little Ruddy, Mar 9, 2021.

1. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

Ticks are real bad most deer are covered and if you sit on the ground you will have them on you quick. There is plenty in the Fort my daughter caught Lymes from a tick bite while hiking in the Fort few years ago and it got her real bad. She was really sick before they figured out what was happening and now has major joint issues. Also recently has shown an allergy to mammal meat she was just tested last week for the tick meat allergy don’t have those results yet. Ticks have become a major issue in all the woods and fields I hang out in up here.

2. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Nothing to mess around with a tick bite. Hope she fully recovers from the symptoms.

3. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I hate a tick. I'd rather wrestle an alligator than deal with ticks.

4. Aythya69

Aythya69 New Member

Kahunna: the pink flamingoes are easy to hit (even you could hit one), but you gotta cook them a long time to get them nice and tender.

5. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

I've got an 8-dozen pink flamingo (Phoenicopterus ruber) full body field rig for sale if you want it...legs permanently screwed onto base. Hialeah, FL pickup only.
    By the way, finally sent you a check for MD yesterday...call Bruno and the dogs off.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  6. Aythya69

Aythya69 New Member

Check has been secured. Bruno is roaming about Occoquan these days looking for my two bins of decoys. Probably won't see those until next November/December.

I have seen several groups of turkeys in full strut over the past week. Looking forward to next Saturday.

7. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

I would not hold my breath, I heard of some unsavory types shooting blackheads over flamingo repaints this year. My guess is those decoys are already in Ryobi lawn bags.

8. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Football season done?