You Ever Changed A Liberal’s Mind?

Thinblueline

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Personally, I never have, that’s why I’ve stopped debating with them. Lord knows I’ve tried because they are so blatantly contradictory to our nation’s constitution and Biblical instruction for our lives which God Himself laid out for us. The liberals’ hearts and minds are so deceived I’ve never been able to make them see how God and our constitution have defined the error of their ways. Liberals are still Americans though, so they are probably still worth the effort to make them see how wrong they are before they completely wreck the historical power and greatness of this nation and turn it into a complete debacle with no authority or significance on the world stage and a dissatisfactory existence in daily life like the populations of so many other countries contend with. Any liberal conversion success stories out there to give us hope? There certainly don’t appear to be any conversions with the resident liberals on this website.

Blackduck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Once. But I dont think he was really a liberal. Just a city boy who spent his life surrounded by liberals and didn't know there was anything else. Took a job in the country and came around pretty quick once presented with some other viewpoints. Made a big stink between him and his liberal lady, but now she's coming around years later. The BLM riots not far from their house had a big impact on her.

Other than that they just get mad.

And once at a bar, one of them, from Chicago, got me so very mad. So wealthy, so obtuse, so privileged, Ivy League prick, just hitting the liberal tag lines while you it was obvious he had never been around the less fortunate, I just wanted to beat his face in. He said he had more money than he could spend, so he didn't mind paying more taxes and we all needed to pay higher taxes to help those less fortunate. The idea of just giving to charity was anathema to him. No way he was going to donate if others didn't have to as well. That wouldn't be "fair". He would "give" his money, but only if he got to take yours and mine as well. He was a Bernie supporter. He then told me people shouldn't be allowed to have firearms. Before mutual acquaintances pulled us apart, I told him that when the day comes, myself or someone like me was going to put a bullet in his head. No convincing that one.

So once, kinda. But mostly it'll be whack-a-mole when the time comes.

Missy Skeeter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes in terms of hunting and guns.
Strict vegetarian that moved to Alaska...started eating wild salmon because "organic".
Then started enjoying moose and duck meat.
Got a golden retriever and started training with bumpers, then birds,
all of a sudden wanted to take the golden on a duck hunt.

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have, over a lifetime, changed the minds of about 7 or 8 liberals.

One is one of my brothers. I changed the minds of some co-workers and I once swung a lady over about the electoral college in line at a Dollar General. She was upset Trump won when "Hillary got the popular vote". Once I explained the electoral college and it's purpose, she was taken aback. She looked up what I said on her smartphone, said "Huh!" and walked off.

I once explained hunting and conservation to a couple of my daughter's friends, they came to visit her and were upset I was a hunter. When they left, they understood the system.

Wood-Dro

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My daughter. She was brained washed by a large West Coast University, despite my best efforts to prepare her before she attended. She's still fairly socially liberal, but now that she's in the workforce the last four years and really likes to spend money, she's much more fiscally conservative and is understanding how truly blessed we are in this country.

The one thing I constantly preach to her is to respect the red, white and blue. That is what gives everyone the freedoms and opinions they want to express, even if some are not agreed by others.

Sasquatch Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why try? They are against everything live and believe in. They are the walking idiots that do not possess logic or any common sense! They are the enemy to the American I grew up in and believe in. They hate the us and our values, life style, the country and the flag. Why waste time with that BS?

Sasquatch Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Once. But I dont think he was really a liberal. Just a city boy who spent his life surrounded by liberals and didn't know there was anything else. Took a job in the country and came around pretty quick once presented with some other viewpoints. Made a big stink between him and his liberal lady, but now she's coming around years later. The BLM riots not far from their house had a big impact on her.

Other than that they just get mad.

And once at a bar, one of them, from Chicago, got me so very mad. So wealthy, so obtuse, so privileged, Ivy League prick, just hitting the liberal tag lines while you it was obvious he had never been around the less fortunate, I just wanted to beat his face in. He said he had more money than he could spend, so he didn't mind paying more taxes and we all needed to pay higher taxes to help those less fortunate. The idea of just giving to charity was anathema to him. No way he was going to donate if others didn't have to as well. That wouldn't be "fair". He would "give" his money, but only if he got to take yours and mine as well. He was a Bernie supporter. He then told me people shouldn't be allowed to have firearms. Before mutual acquaintances pulled us apart, I told him that when the day comes, myself or someone like me was going to put a bullet in his head. No convincing that one.

So once, kinda. But mostly it'll be whack-a-mole when the time comes.
Thouse are the first ones that need to be taken out!