Your chance to let them know your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by Neighbor Guy, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

I put it in the comments.

2. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

On the outdoor news podcast they mentioned it would be in the survey. It was not.

3. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

They knew the response would be overwhelming in support of a statewide season. So to save face while not making a season, just eliminate the question.

MJ1657 likes this.
  4. slough hunter

slough hunter Refuge Member

Hopefully we get a teal season but I'm highly doubting it. If a species can sustain more harvest its a no brainer. Why turn down days on what you feel like might happen instead of following the science.

5. basinmeyer

basinmeyer New Member

Would an early teal season count against the 60 days? This would then shorten regular season or would be in addition to regular 60 days?

6. slough hunter

They would not count against our 60 day season. They would be additional days for us to get afield.

7. SkolMNDuckHunter

And kiss goodbye to all the local ducks you usually hunt the first few weekends.

8. slough hunter

You know this how. I'm sure ducks will move around there is no doubt about that. I'm guessing there not gonna just up and leave especially when they aren't the ones getting pressured. My question is why do people base there entire season off opening day and or the first week. I'm not a goose hunter maybe we should just get rid of the early goose season I mean who really wants more opportunity to spend time outdoors.

GK1 likes this.
  9. MJ1657

MJ1657 Senior Refuge Member

That pisses me off.

They are hard on our corn crop obviously. There are so many now they are walking down our alfalfa.

Neighbor Guy likes this.
  10. SkolMNDuckHunter

I would hate my good early wood duck holes burned for a chance at a couple teal. I hunt till the last dying day of the season if possible, but if you decrease success the first few weeks by kicking all the local ducks out shooting at teal it's going to drive a lot of people out of the sport. Which is not a good thing if you want the sport to continue.

basinmeyer likes this.