Your chance to let them know your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by Neighbor Guy, Jan 11, 2021.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

I think that a twist on that would be to have limited/rotational hunting days on WMAs, WPAs, portions of the UMRNWR, and so on.

As an example - hunting on WMAs on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesdays only, hunting on WPAs on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday only. I conjunction with that, reduce or eliminate certain areas as full year "refuge only" areas.

2. Masked Mallard

Masked Mallard Senior Refuge Member

Maybe they could try something like running the season continually in the Northern part of the State and close it every Wednesday in the Southern half? This would be similar to where they close the season on Sundays, out East. Sorry to the guys that hunt in the middle of the week. It would suck if the migration was going on, especially on a Wednesday. But I think honestly, most everyone is at work. This should help with hunting later, past Thanksgiving.

As for teal, just give a bonus 3 or 4 teal added to the bag daily bag limit for the first 2 or 3 weeks.

Having an early teal season, I think there would be some collateral damage on other species, especially wood ducks.

For duck / pheasant hunters age 18 & older, I wouldn't mind seeing a $10.00 increase on the state stamp. If you turn 18 half way through the season, let them run with the youth price. But, I'd like to see the money put into investing of habitat land & what not.

3. slough hunter

slough hunter Refuge Member

I'm pretty sure we can't have multiple splits with our zone structure. I think on the east coast where sunday hunting isn't allowed they just eat those days.

4. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

I'm guessing your "solution" wouldn't cut into your hunting opportunities....

5. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

In all likelihood...very little.

6. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

I am loathe to send more money to the state. With the Legacy Amendment in place - money shouldn't be an issue.

That being said - once you reach your possession limit - time to buy another habitat stamp with tags. User pays.