Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Your Favorite Knife

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Oct 10, 2020.

1. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |ModFishing Forum|Duck&Goose Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

A good trusty knife is like a hunters best friend . So what is your favorite knife ? I’m always looking for a nice smaller sized fixed blade or even maybe a folder for field dressing deer . But it seems like I always end up breaking out my 25 year old Buck110s and putting the new knife to the side when the work starts . Deer ducks and geese it’s not perfect , it’s kind of heavier , but it’s what I always fall back on when in the field .

2. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Ive cleaned (breasted) countless ducks with a buck 605 or a 422+. They are a hard to sharpen but they keep an edge better than anything I've used. Deer? No.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  3. Fasteel72

Fasteel72 Senior Refuge Member

E1CBAA32-0CDB-4909-B651-5943291019FE.jpeg Just change the blade and it’s razor sharp again.:tu

ducslayer, macarny, Drake91 and 2 others like this.
  4. Eggplant

Eggplant Refuge Member

I'll never use anything else for deer now that I have a Mcroskey knife. He's also a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to.
    www.mccroskeyknives.com

5. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Buck Titanium which I believe is a 110 with a Titanium handle. It's fairly slender but still has a nice weight to it, good balanced feel in my hand. Unfortunately I think they quit making them. I have a couple i have bought on ebay over the years though.

reddogge and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  6. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Benchmade Mini Griptillian everyday carry. Buck 110 or Buck Pathfinder for heavier work. Also have a Sog Ageis Mini that I sometimes rotate with the Benchmade..

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Fillet knife. I have a few. Fiskars and a 3 pak I bought at Gander Mtn for like $8 or so. I like to use them for breasting out geese. Surgical sharp and precise.

THEIRCOMMITED10 and Aunt Betty like this.
  8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I carry an unlikely pocket knife, a cheap Chinese folder that I won at a *** dinner. It's light and stays amazingly sharp. I believe it has a 3" blade. For cleaning game, a Buck 110 that I bought back in the 60s.

9. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

54101_1000.jpg Used these for over 40 years 8hrs a day. Very versatile & hold an edge. You just have to make a sheath

bird junkie, BJH and Pkraft like this.
  10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Nostalgia is great. I still have my Buck 110 from about 40 years ago. Skinned many a deer with it, and a couple of elk. Great knife, holds a pretty good edge.

But, nothing beats a Havalon for skinning or fillet work. Well balanced, ultra sharp, easy to switch blades. It is all I have used for waterfowl for about 4 years now. My buddy does the trapping thing, and puts up 40+ yotes and other critters a year. He has a collection fillet knives, and is constantly re-sharpening them. I gave him a Havalon a couple of years ago. When I came back the next year, he made it a point to thank me. It is pretty much the only knife he uses now.
    [​IMG]
    https://smile.amazon.com/Havalon-61...&keywords=Havalon+knife&qid=1602342836&sr=8-3

Squaller and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.