Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Your Favorite Knife

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Oct 10, 2020.

1. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

I've been collecting for about 30 years, my pops has given me a knife for Christmas every year since I was 5 and with those I've got around 150 quality blades. Until I started using a Havalon a couple years ago for field dressing or really anything else my go to was a sharp finger. The one in the pic was before they went cheap on the steel. I've got a few of them, a couple still in the box that I'll never part with..... 20201010_162056.jpg

2. Seahawk18

Seahawk18 Senior Refuge Member

^^^Agree with Rick on the Schrade Sharpfinger. The ones made before Schrade went out of business about 10+ years ago were great knives. The new ones made in China not so great. My son and I are both partial to the Cold Steel Master Hunter. Great hunting knife but a little pricey now at about $150.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  3. reddogge

reddogge Senior Refuge Member

Thanks. I picked that up at a big 3-D archery shoot off of a trade blanket. A young man from NC made it out of O1 tool steel. I'm sorry I didn't get his name.

4. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Elite Refuge Member

My fixed blade Dan Crotts. Only comes out for deer and elk.

[​IMG]

I'm not picky for waterfowl, a small buck skinner is what I've used the last few seasons.

reddogge and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  5. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Elite Refuge Member

A SOG field pup II I have has cleaned hundreds of ducks and geese. I saw that knife today and thought about how I need to put an edge on it.

6. MJ1657

MJ1657 Senior Refuge Member

Leech Lake filet knife for fish. Buck folding knife with gut hook for deer. Havalon Piranha for any other game. Gerber utility knife blade for everyday use. I dont like much in my pockets. 20201010_195617.jpg

7. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Nice:tu

8. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

I'm really liking the Benchmade 535 bugout. It's a lightweight folder, can easily workup a deer without sharpening. S30V steel for the blade, holds an edge for a good while, not too hard to resharpen like the S90V on some of the other knives. Really good lock up, I don't have reservations about it for skinning and butchering.

Probably going to give the tyto fannin 3.0 a try as well as the Argali Carbon knife.

Have a havalon but not huge on the replaceable blade knives.

9. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

That 303 looks just like the pocket knife my dad use to carry. I have it, I'll pull it out and check the number on it. I doubt it will cut hot butter! He used it for everything and couldn't sharpen a knife. I thought about sharpening it but decided to leave it like it was when he carried it.

My titanium is my deer knife too. Just finished cleaning a nice meat doe a little while ago. I pulled up ebay after my first post and good grief the prices people are asking for them is crazy! I'd like to have one or two more just because they are great knives.

reddogge and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  10. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

You guys are going to make me go look.....
    Christmas of 1971, a family friend gave me a Swiss Army Tinker. I carried it off and on for years. A few years ago, I gave it to the great-grandson of the guy who gave it to me. I bought another one of course. That's my EDC; I pull it out at work about once a week to tighten a screw, open a box(even though I'm not supposed to, I think my boss' boss would freak if she knew.....) and other chores so we don't need to call Maintenance. Multi-tools are a pain to carry and get lost too often.

THEIRCOMMITED10 and renoduckman like this.