Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Your last shiner!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Oct 9, 2020.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Im not going Paul in Kansas on you all.
    Last night I bumped my face,.. yea-ow my nose still hurts. I started thinking back.

I dont think Ive ever had a legit "shiner"
    The almost real shiners attempts I was quite good at blocking.

Baseballs to the face when young.
    Face slams on the water, and snow sking. And once for sure from the water ski.
    And while in Tae-Kwon-do a few out of control kicks to my face.
    Scoped a few times the past 30 years. One was a badge of honor,.. 750 yard shot down a steep canyon,

But my face and nose still hurt from a dancer. Monday the September 28th

2 1/2 inch by 4 foot.
    While crossing a 3-strand barbed-wire drop-fence, I lost my balance, I started going down, and like a slingshot the dancer came back and mushed my nose good. And I went all the way down, into a sage brush.
    Blood pouring out both nostrils.
    My nose was still in place, but a bit crunchy:scratch upload_2020-10-9_8-29-7.jpeg

upload_2020-10-9_8-29-7.jpeg

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

July of this year. Got into an unprovoked fight with the winch on the front of the pontoon. I had no idea my BIL had tried winching a 25' pontoon (about 5000 pounds worth of it) up on the trailer with the front winch (like you would a small aluminum boat), and when I released that little ratchet, it left my hand at about mach-40, and proceeded to clean my clock. My safety glasses split my eyebrow, but likely saved my eye, as the handle smashed them when it came down on them, and knocked me backwards. That was the second revolution. The first one got me square on the side of my cheek.

unnamed.jpg

3. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

4. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Congrats on the safety glasses.
    I've often wondered how many people wear the scars of that exact accident. Has to be thousands.
    There's about a hundred different ways a trailer/winch can tune you up.

5. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I hunted a day last year with Kleenex stuffed in my nose cussing under my breath every minute and two black eyes. Zero dark thirty and everything was out of the car except the dog and like an idiot I left the dome light off. I keep the dog tethered in the back of the Jeep to the roll cage bar with no seats and when I unclipped him in his excitement he barreled our at top speed, I caught 82 lbs of Chessie concentrated in his thick azz skull right between the eyes. Saw stars and knocked me flat. Had the double shiner raccoon eye thing going on after that. Same “clack” you hear rattling through your skull as you’d feel getting your bell rung on the football field. Dog was completely unphased. He’s got a skull plate like a damn bighorn sheep.

WHUP ! Hen, salthunter and Ratdaddy like this.
  6. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Stupid lawnmower.
    IMG_20191204_200911735~2.jpg

salthunter likes this.
  7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

jesus that must’ve smarted a fair deal. Not nearly as bad as to my face but I had a similar thing happen. Damn handle whapped me HARD right square in the wrist. Thought I broke it. It was the better part of a day before I could even make a full fist or hold anything heavier than a beer can.

salthunter likes this.
  8. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

Nine years ago, age 58. I got pissed at my neighbors tree trimmer and it ended up in a toe to toe. I had a pen in my hand when it started and went to block his punch. I blocked the punch, but ended up jabbing myself in the eye with the pen. Tore the retina and got a black eye from it. I didn't even know I was injured until the fight was over. Not sure what injuries he sustained, but his sunglasses were shattered all over the parking lot.

WHUP ! Hen and Ferrarifarms like this.
  9. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My wrist and fingers took a good beating too, but my head hurt so much worse I didn't have a chance to let it bother me. :l When that thing went to spinning, I instinctively "grabbed" at it, and it grabbed me back, drawing me into the whirligig... :fp

Ratdaddy likes this.