Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Your last shiner!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Quarne

Quarne Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, I've gotten a shiner or two in my past but y'all are making me wince with these pics!

2. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Never had a black eye, but tried breaking up a bar fight about 15 years ago and took a bottle to the back of the head. It didn't break. Couldn't wear my hard hat for a week.

WHUP ! Hen and salthunter like this.
  3. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

In the middle 80's I took a knee to the nose in a tackle playing rugby. It happened on the opening kick off and since we had traveled 3 1/2hr with only 15 players there were no substitutes so I had to play the rest of the game with a broken nose. Like a dumb *** I waited 9 days to get it set which meant it had to be rebroken which I had done over lunch with local anesthetic. Not fun but a hell of a shiner. Then about 6mo later when a I tackled a guy from behind his head popped back and hit me right on the nose. Bang 2nd break in less than a year. I said to hell with and pushed over and it wound up looking better than the 1st time. But still a shiner which was my last.

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Came up short on a triple, face into handlebars double shiner and scab across my forehead. Couple years ago!

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. Sam Ortmann

Sam Ortmann Senior Refuge Member

My fraternity has a little friendly rivalry with another on campus and every year we play a little game of padless full tackle football. As you can imagine, it can get a little rough. My freshman year, some kid reached around and hit me from behind and broke my nose the first play of game. I sat out the second play and then played every snap on both sides of the ball. It really is all in good fun and we get cleaned up and take each other out afterwards and get drinks.
    Anyway, I also didn’t shave or cut my hair the entire semester after losing a bet so I was a bit rough looking—shaggy hair, two month old neck beard, swollen face, and double black eyes.

Attached Files:

stevena198301 and Vammy like this.
  6. ReaPeR105

ReaPeR105 Elite Refuge Member

Took an elbow to the face during a scrap while making an arrest a few years back. Classic black eye, she was a beaut. Can't recall one since.

7. nwood

nwood Senior Refuge Member

I’ve had a few shinerin my day I will say what need to be said. One azzjole hit me with a 2x6.

8. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

During batting practice before a baseball game in 1977. I had caught batting practice and my coach was throwing some to me . He had one left and said that would be the last one. He threw it high and tight. I swung and it got me on the bridge of the nose. I'm sure now I broke it. Had a black eye for a week.