California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth hunt grins and report thread!

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by carsonsig, Feb 2, 2019.

1. James707

James707 Senior Refuge Member

She stick it out all day and got her first geese after a change of blinds from the morning. Calling it a weekend after that since she got soaked to the bone today. 20190202_173530.jpg

2. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

Wow! 7 years old. That’s impressive. Not many that age can pass the hunter Ed.

And two of them? Pretty impressive right there

Congrats to them

3. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Like the old days.:bow:tu:bow:tu:bow:tu
    Way to get them out there bro.
    Keep my offer in mind Brandon, it was sincere.:yes:yes:yes
    Both my brother and me started hunting when we were 6 yrs old.
    It helps that my uncle was the Scoutmaster that did the hunters Ed class and dad read me and reworded the questions so they were easier for us to understand.
    More kids need to be out there every day of that their parents hunt.
    I remember my dad talking on the phone about going hunting and him saying if his hunting partners/kids and dog can't go he wasn't interested in going. More people should be like this in my opinion. It's all about the kids every day not just a few youthhunts a season......just my humble opinion. I had two option back then go hunt with dad or stay home and fold cloths with mom, it was a pretty simple decision. :l:yes:yes:yes:tu

4. MQ

MQ Elite Refuge Member

20190202_125836.jpg Happy grandkids

5. carsonsig

carsonsig Elite Refuge Member

It’s your normal everyday pinspoon

MOOSEMAN likes this.
  6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Wow... what a great bunch of great photos... thanks so much for making me smile today !!!!

Nothing I like more than seeing a kid in over size waders/boots, with a lanyard full of calls holding a strap of birds 1/2 their size with big smiles..

Great job to all that got the Jrs out !!

MOOSEMAN, Sweatliner, mak2782 and 3 others like this.
  7. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Nice hats !!! good job !

8. 7deddux

7deddux Refuge Member

Thank you both! Words can’t describe how proud I was of these two yesterday. They rolled out of bed with smiles on their faces ear to ear. Didn’t complain about the 25 mph wind and pounding rain one bit. Rain stopped 5 min before shoot time and wind calmed down to 12 mph, it’s was perfect. I can’t thank Mike enough from the Yolo check station for doing a youth based hunters safety course in the middle of duck season. I think there was 20 kids in there under 12. This is what it’s all about for me and to see these boys light up with joy when the 1st bird dropped into the decoys! So awesome.

DuckFan, ZaneO and callinfowl like this.
  9. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

4F5D39D7-5672-4B9F-93D0-CAA0FFA70157.jpeg A746D41B-2532-4473-B224-742785CEF4AC.jpeg Great pics guys I love looking at following what’s going on out there. Our youths had a good day yesterday too and did well picking out the drakes. Only 1 hen.

10. lo-base larry

lo-base larry Senior Refuge Member

I could spend all day looking at pictures like that, knowing that our tradition is going forward. And the smiles on those faces and memories that they will never forget. Thank you Fish and Wildlife and all parents and friends involved. My son and grandson just stopped by to pick up a young neighbor to have another go at it after having a dynamite day yesterday, topping it off with a double on a pair of specks.

JRS, hunt'ngreen, Brian Huber and 3 others like this.