Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

ZTR mower

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by stevena198301, Jul 24, 2019.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Looking at upgrading my ZTR mower (a worn out Toro Timecutter 5060). I have 3 flat acres. I'm still in the internet research phase, but I've been looking at the Bad Boy Maverick 60" with either the Kohler Confidant (747cc) or Kawasaki (726cc) engines. I don't know much about the Kohler Confidant motors, but I have had one Kohler Command and two Kohler Courage motors, and I wasn't overly impressed with the Courage motors, although I never have had any major issues with them.

No matter which brand/model I get, I want it to have some form of suspension. The current one beats me to death. Due to some of the areas I have to cut, a tractor is out of the picture (I'd much prefer to ride a tractor with an 8' finish mower behind it).

You guys have any opinion on either this Bad Boy mower, or any other brand in about the same price range with at least a 60" deck?

Thanks.

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I'd step up to a commercial Toro; they're top notch mowers. Exmark or Gravely would be my next choices. I'd go for upgrading your seat as opposed to a suspension; that's just more stuff to have problems with on a mower in my experience. A stand-on one would be better riding too, and quite handy for when you need to step off to move something and such. Regardless I'd recommend a full on commercial mower--they're at a whole nother level than the residential stuff.
    (I was in the business for a while, both using them and selling them so I've seen and use quite a few)

3. stevena198301

That'd be great, if not for their $11-18K pricetags. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. LOL

Thx for the suspension info.

Gravely was my second interest.

4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I have a commercial grade Husqvarna. It's a tank. I bought it at the end of mowing season for a good deal from someone getting out of the grass business, if you can wait that long. The seat does rattle me around though.

5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

What’s your price range?

6. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Neighbor has 3 flat acres. Runs a Deere Z735. 60" deck. He's done in no time. Think he paid 7 or 8k. I borrowed it for mine (2.5 acres) and I would definitely buy one. Only reason I haven't is because I snowblow my driveway with mine, so I need an actual tractor.

7. stevena198301

The Bad Boy is about $5300. Like to not go over $6K.

8. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Did you know they make electric zero turns? I had no idea until I Googled it out of curiosity.

A bit over your price range.

CXR-60 Industrial Mower package: ………………………………………………………………………………….……..$6,195

Battery package (3 LEMs All-day pack): …………………………………………………………………………………..$16,800

S.A.M. package: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………$1,595

Total Cost: …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… $24,590

https://meangreenproducts.com/cxr5260/

9. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

So they're targeting wealthy people, who are "green" extremists, who actually mow their own lawns?
    That's a hell of a target market.
    I admire their optimism.

10. stevena198301

Them folks done lost they damn mind...