Zumbo and other big name personalities

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Ruff, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

With the recent Zumbo doings it got me thinking about all the other TV hunters and writers are they doing the same as Zumbo in a round about way. Seem's like quite a few of these guys and a few gals have jumped onto the T/C ENCORE bandwagon using single shot rifles for all their hunting making it very hard to argue that we need a repeating firearm of any kind if all the "Pros" are using single shots and are happy.

Thoughts?

2. maimai

maimai Senior Refuge Member

see tv people have no body strength they even cant make it in the bush with a few extra buillets and most likely have other people carting there other gear, shotguns will be :sp :sp :yes next can u see duck commander shooting a singal, i can

3. Coastal Ducks

Coastal Ducks Elite Refuge Member

Depends on how much the single shot manufacturer is willing to pay him. He'll be shooting an H&R Topper if the price is right.

4. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

Marketing pure and simple. 10 years ago, you could not give away a break open rifle - they were junk. Now, they are a little better but the marketing guru's would have you believe that the pro's actually prefer these POS to the conventional rifles that they were shooting before they had to sign their soul away.

5. maimai

maimai Senior Refuge Member

yes and u would have to move more, if u shot one, more movement and u are spoted
    , i hope its not going the way off big game fishing where if u dont stick to igfa rules u are :fp in the eyes off all which have no legal standing as far as getting out and catching a fish go , with big names like the golfer the aussie white shark, pumping u must catch tag and release and only use the gear and metods that are ok at the weight station of the game fidhing clubs :sp ok im stiring cool

6. Brdhntr47

Brdhntr47 Elite Refuge Member

:clap :clap :clap :clap So true.

Dennis

7. birddog14

birddog14 Elite Refuge Member

it is about the almighty dollar....they go with who is going to pay them the most to use their product and it seems T/C encore is sponsoring a lot of shows lately

8. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

I have a T/C Encore and one of those "military style" weapons... The 7.62 is for sale with close to 400 rds of ammo and nine 20 rd mags....

NOT because I have an issue with "military style weapons but because I need to raise some money and I can do without that particular rifle.

The TC is the .50 MZ but I always wanted one of the single shots for the wide variety of barrels and options. That was waaay back before the Encore came along. I always hankerd for a Contender.

I have a friend with an old M1 Garand that I intend to buy sometime this summer.

Hunting or owning a firearm should not bring you disrespect from anyone let alone another gun owner.

9. Archeryrob

Archeryrob Elite Refuge Member

Since they are so full of them selves. We just need to encorage them to hunt Lions in Africa, on the ground with their single shot rifles. Later after a few have been eaten we will hear how repeating rifles area far superior to single shots. :yes